You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
To navigate through the Ribbon, use standard browser navigation keys. To skip between groups, use Ctrl+LEFT or Ctrl+RIGHT. To jump to the first Ribbon tab use Ctrl+[. To jump to the last selected command use Ctrl+]. To activate a command, use Enter.
Tab 1 of 2.
Tab 2 of 2.
MRO Reliability Conference - Protection Systems
May 25, 2016 8:00 AM
May 25, 2016 4:30 PM
April 27, 2016 5:00 PM
The MRO Reliability Conference this year will be held on May 25th, 2016, at the MRO office, at 380 St. Peter Street, Suite 800, St. Paul, MN.
The focus of this year’s spring conference will be Protection Systems.
Tentative Agenda Topics Will Include:
• MRO Protective Relay Subcommittee’s Misoperation Whitepaper
• Breaker Failure Schemes: Thorough Commissioning to Assure Security.
• April 7, 2015 System Disturbance in the Washington DC Area: System Protection Operations Causes and Lessons Learned.
• MRO Operating Committee’s Whitepaper: Human Performance and Ways to Avoid Human Error.
• A Registered Entity’s Approach to Managing and Reducing Misoperations.
• Root Cause Analysis Refresher with examples using actual system events.
The final agenda will be posted at a later date.
A block of rooms has been reserved at the St. Paul Hotel for
To make your reservation click here
. You will need to select “Block/Rate” under the Special Rates drop down and enter
. You may also call
and ask for the
Midwest Reliability Organization
The deadline for this reduced rate is
May 3, 2014
, so book your reservation now!
MRO Office, 380 St. Peter Street, St. Paul, MN 55102
Opening Presentation- Misops and Events
SEL Dave Costello
MRO Protective Relay Subcommittee Misoperations White Paper, Mark Gutzmann
XCEL HPI Presentation, Kent Peterson
Root Cause Analysis Refresher, Ben McMillan
Two Event Analyses With LL, Rich Bauer
CB Failure Presentation, Rich Quest
MRO OC Guide HP for Knowledge Work, Tim Nissen
RF Misoperation Efforts, Jeff Mitchell
System Protection Impacts from Increased Non-Synchronous Generation
Resource Needs Business Case, Keith Orsted